Monday, December 7, 2009

Another deployment Christmas

Decorating for another Christmas without John was so hard. I am trying hard to make up for the last one to the kids this year. I won't let depression get the best of me again. I bought new Christmas music which I am playing all the time to remind myself that it is Christmas and we can enjoy it without him. We decorated the tree this weekend. The boys made ornaments out of pipe cleaners, pom pom balls, pine cones, and glitter glue while I made bows for the tree. I'm trying to keep them actively involved in the season all season long. On Saturday we decorated the tree. Unfortunately, in the process we found out that Avery is allergic to it. After disowning her I bought her an antihistamine to take. Last night we decorated the yard. Avery wants to do a little more with her lights on the bushes and trees so I'll post pictures when she is done.

Funny story about the Christmas tree. The cat was scared of it when I brought it home. It was so funny. He wouldn't go into the living room. Needless to say he is over it now and glad that we decorated for him to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment