Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Bag (inspired by Susan)

For years I had to carry an enormous bag to carry everything that I needed for myself and the kids. I had everything but the bathroom sink in my bag. I would regularly pull out Match Box cars in my search for my keys. John would refuse to even attempt to find anything in there. All of those were cheap bags. I never spent more than $20 and all of  them were washable. I would always end up with juice or milk leaking from sippy cups or random fruit snacks melting to the inside. That has all changed....
My wonderful loving husband bought me a Coach purse this spring and I'm now building a small collection of nice expensive handbags. It is so nice to say that I am beyond needing diapers, wipes, juice, snacks, binkies, and small toys. I now carry my cell phone, wallet, 3 reusable shopping bags, sunglasses, a pen and notebook, chap stick, my Kindle, and lipstick. The Kindle helps me be patient when I get stuck waiting forever for my husband (each Army minute is more like 10-15 actual minutes) Occasionally, I will have a Nintendo DS or 2 with a collection of games but that is all it takes to make my boys happy now. I can buy silence for hours with video games. How has your bag changed over the years?

1 comment:

  1. I"m still in the big bag mode--however more often than not it's my books, papers, and magazines in the bag. But I still have a random tank, snacks, and who knows what else for the little guy.

    ReplyDelete