Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sisterhood

Army life has it's ups and downs but one true benefit is the quality of the friendships that you forge along the way. While we were stationed in Italy I met some of the most wonderful women. We all have different backgrounds but our friendship is strong. Sam left Italy first 2 years ago, followed by me, then Susan, and finally Michelle. Last week we got together with all of our children in a cabin in mountains of Georgia. It was so much fun that we are already talking about where we will go next year.
The kids range in age from 9 months to 12 years and all of them got along. We had a few spats but nothing note worthy. Tyler actually asked if we could bring Baby G home with us. My kids were the oldest  and loved playing with and caring for the little ones. I have to say that I am so proud of them.
On the way home I dropped the kids off for the weekend with Grandma. We get them back tomorrow but it has been the best week ever. 4 days with my best friends and a whole weekend with just my husband. I'll write more about everything tomorrow. I want to enjoy my last night alone in the house with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment